China Wine & Spirits Awards 2013 Results
The eagerly awaited China Wine & Spirits Awards (CWSA) 2013 results are announced, showcasing the winners as the ones to watch in the fastest growing wine and spirits market in the world- China. With a record number of 5,375 entries from 35 countries, the biggest and most prestigious beverage competition continues to grow.
The CWSA is known for selecting Judges who represent the ‘powerhouse’ of decision making in Hong Kong and China. The judging panel includes the most influential distributors, importers, hoteliers and sommeliers. All samples were ‘blind tasted’ during CWSA Tasting Week.
“The CWSA continues to be the ultimate authority for wine and spirits here in Hong Kong and China and we wish 2013 winners well-deserved congratulations”, said Kelly England, President of the China Wine and Spirits Awards organization. “China is in a unique and exciting time of development, and big brands and boutique producers are enjoying exciting opportunities.”
“Our message is one of clear confidence in China”, reported Pernod Ricard’s CEO Alexandre Ricard. “The Chinese economy is growing at a robust level, and 7.4% GDP growth would be the envy of many countries. China is getting richer and underlying consumption is progressing, and our brands are here to address that demand”.
Notable CWSA 2013 winners include:
• Wines of California Trophy CWSA 2013 – Beringer Vineyards
• Australian Wine Producer of the Year CWSA 2013 – Wolf Blass
• Wines of Coonawarra Trophy CWSA 2013 – Jacob’s Creek
• Scotch Whisky Trophy CWSA 2013 – The Edrington Group Highland Park
• China Producer of the Year CWSA 2013 – Pernod Ricard Helan Mountain
• New Zealand Wine Producer of the Year CWSA 2013 – Marisco Vineyards
• Organic Wine Trophy CWSA 2013 – Domaine des Carabiniers
• Portuguese Wine Producer of the Year CWSA 2013 – DFJ VINHOS
• Italian Wine Producer of the Year CWSA 2013 – Casa Vitivincola Tinazzi
Producers are now gearing up for the CWSA Best Value 2014. Entries should be sent to cwsa.org/enter